In addition to RRC-Director Julika Griem, the following six judges will select the best non-fiction book of 2023:
- Stefan Koldehoff (Deutschlandfunk)
- Michael Lemling (Bookshop Lehmkuhl)
- Markus Rex (Alfred-Wegener-Institute)
- Jeanne Rubner (Technical University of Munich)
- Adam Soboczynski (Die ZEIT)
- Mirjam Zadoff (Munich Documentation Center for the History of National Socialism)
The Stiftung Buchkultur und Leseförderung (Foundation for Book Culture and the Promotion of Reading) awards the prize to honour outstanding non-fiction books written in German that stimulate social debates. The winner receives 25,000 euros, the seven nominees 2,500 euros each. The jury will select a total of eight award-worthy titles by 18 April 2023. The winner will be announced on the evening of the award ceremony on 1 June 2023.
For more information, please see: www.deutscher-sachbuchpreis.de.
Photo Credit: © vntr.media